Thursday, July 23, 2009

Permanent hair color (medium brown) washed out from blonde?

I colored my hair light blonde with highlights for 2 years. 3 weeks ago I had enough and I went to a salon and colored my hair medium brown. It looked beautiful, she used 3 different colors, darker brown in the back, medium in the front, with some highlights around my face. I LOVED it. I paid a fortune, but I said it totally worth it. ...But it keeps washing out, now it is much lighter brown!!! Will it go back to blonde?



Can I go back just after 3 weeks to do it again? Will it wash out again?



Permanent hair color (medium brown) washed out from blonde?

Because you have hilited your hair for so long you no longer have any pigment in those strands so the clr regardless if it is permanent or not will fade. The key is to fill the hair first, which is put browns natural pigment back in hair. Browns underlying pigment is red and orange. Your clr may come out warm(alittle reddish) but it will last longer.



Permanent hair color (medium brown) washed out from blonde?

I have my hair coloured pretty regularly and I have had my light brown hair darkened with similar results as you. The salon that coloured your hair used a semi permanent color. So unfortunately each time you wash it, it will fade but not go back exactly to your original colour. You would either have to dye it back or let it grow out. Most salons recommend going back at the earliest, 6 weeks. If you go at 3 weeks it's going to cost you another fortune and it's probably going to fade at the same rate not to mention dry your hair out a bit. Next time you go back talk to your stylist and see if they can offer you some other options.



Permanent hair color (medium brown) washed out from blonde?

Hi, first check the shampoo you are using, your shampoo should be colored hair friendly. If you are using Anti-Dandruff shampoos in the market, they are too harsh for colored hair, so colors are really stripped out from the hair, second, you should religously use conditioner every time you shampoo your hair. never skip the use of conditioner everytime you wash your hair, because conditioners seals in the color and moisture. if the fading is really visible and you cannot stand it, you can go to the salon and ask them to do color refreshing, by using cellophane, but it is too soon if you have another permanent color done just after three weeks.



I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment