Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I tried dyeing my natural, red/light brown hair black, but it turned out purple?!?

I tested one of those mousse dyes that come out in 8-10 washes on a few strands of my hair, and I left it on for half an hour (as the box says) then rinsed it in water and almost nothing happened.. it turned my hair the very slightest color of purple.. but just barely.. so this time i used more mousse, and left it on for 45 minutes, and the exact same thing happened. It really ticks me off because I want to dye my hair black for a few days soo badly. Did I do something wrong in the process?



I tried dyeing my natural, red/light brown hair black, but it turned out purple?!?

Try using heat, because heat helps activate coloring. Try it again, but wrap tin foil around your head, making sure all your hair is inside, and take a hair dryer, and apply even heat around your head, be careful not to keep the hair dryer in one spot, or it will over-heat the tin foil and will be hot on your skin/hair. If that doesn't work, then I'd say it's a crappy brand, or your hair just won't accept the color. Alot of the time lighter hair colors won't accept darker colors, or it will be lighter than your desired color, unless you use permanent dye, and with permanent dye, you leave it on for the maximum time the instructions in the box says, if your natural hair color is a light shade.



I tried dyeing my natural, red/light brown hair black, but it turned out purple?!?

I don't know anything about the mousse varieties but have you tried Manic Panic? It's a semi perm and should come out in 6-8 shampoos. If you have access to a Sally beauty supply, you can also use a product called Clairol Jazzing. With heat, it lasts about 4 shampoos. Without, it will wash out in 1-2. Good luck!



I tried dyeing my natural, red/light brown hair black, but it turned out purple?!?

sometimes the temporary or semi colours just do not work on some hair types. try napro live colour instead. the mousse is generally used to blend or brighten your own colour not change it completly.

No comments:

Post a Comment