Thursday, July 23, 2009

Help my hair is brown, pink and red how can I fix it?

Last night I bought a bleach/dye kit by the makers of 'N Rage. I wanted to give myself an over pink dye job. My hair is an ash blonde underneath. I stated putting the bleach/dye in my hair and relized there was not enough to cover my enitire head! It turned out uneven to say the least. Some of the hair isnt even colored at all! I took a red dye that only stays in for 8-10 washes and put that over it in hopes it would make it better!!!! It didnt help! Now I have pink red and ash blonde hair! I have no idea what to do. The only thing I can think of is to dye it black. I hate black hair on myself. I have no Idea if I can bleach it out or if I can put a dark brown over it and maybe it will even out? HELP ME! PLEASE!!!



Thanks!



Help my hair is brown, pink and red how can I fix it?

You've gotten alot of responses from your question, that is good, but most of them are so far out there I sincerely hope you are able to weed through them and realize they are not good solutions.



I will try to help you with your hair situations.



First the red will fade to pink in just a few washings. Especially if you use prell shampoo. (harshes on the market) Prell will help strip paint out of hair....LOL...



But I am sure you don't want to wait for that, I wouldn't.



Sooooooooooooo, here is what you can do, You have a few choices, You can cover it with a darker dye, but NOT BLACK, oh please you will be online here screaming for help to get that out..and if you use the black you are for sure gonna have to go to a salon, and that becomes what we hairdressers call a corrective coloring and is very expensive. Actually you have that now, but you yourself can save this if you will trust me and do as I tell you.



What darker color? Well I would suggest for you to go to Sally's Beauty Supply, go to the area that they have the haircolor ask the sales clerk to help you match up with her swatches the color of your brown/ash blond, I am not sure which it is you have since you have listed both. After the two of you have done that, make sure you select a color of brown that has a yellow or golden base to it. also find one that has a neutral base in the same shade level.



Here is why you will select yellow/golden base, it will neutralize the pink in your hair and tone down the red . It will give you a brownish red darker hair color that will cover everything up. Now, that isn't all you need, you will need to buy a bottle of 20 volume hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) and also a thick conditioner, I am not so particular on this conditioner as far as brand name. I would ask the sales clerk to show you to the one that are the biolage knock offs. What is important is the thickness of it and the color. Ask the sales clerk if they have the conditioner that is like conditioning balm by biolage. If they do, BUY IT. ONLY IF IT IS ABSOLUTELY WHITE IN COLOR....(THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!!!!) make sure it isnt or have a yellow tinge to it. Okay now you need a processing cap, very cheap. Once you have these items you are on your way to fixing your hair. Lets go home and color your hair.



Here is how you mix up what you have purchased.



first you take the color that is the neutral shade and put half the bottle or tube depends on which type your bought. Me I preferr the tube. Oh before I forget If you bought the bottle use the liquid (H2O2) if it is the tube you use the cream (H2O2). okay back to mixing your color.



We now have half the color of the neutral in the bowl, second you will put all of the shade you purchase with the golden/yellow base in the bowl. You should now have 3oz. of color in the bowl.



Next you will mix 3oz. of the (H2O2) in with the color, mix well until it is completely mix. ....So far so good?



OKay Now that conditioner I told you to buy, you will mix 1oz, of it into the color solution. Here is why.



You have already treated your hair with bleach and dye, and I am assuming you have at least damaged it to a certain degree. Since you are coloring it again and opening up the cuticle layer of your hair and rearranging the color molecules again, this will pull down the condtioner into that hair shaft and help repair as it corrects your color problem. Does it slow the process down NO, it helps you hair, just a trick we hairdressers use in the salon.



Okay now once you have all that mixed put it on your head all over. Place that processing cap on it, this is to keep the heat of your head next to your head and allow the hair color to penatrate evenly and condtion your hair at the same time. If you have a blow dryer you can add heat to it for about 10 minutes. and the sit for another 10 without heat. Once this is completed, rinse your hair with warm water, not hot, keep it on the cool side, and rinse rinse rinse, and when you think you are finished rinsing, rinse some more...DO NOT SHAMPOO you hair. check the color first. see if it is too dark if it isn't then condition your hair with that conditioner you mixed into the color. If it is a little darker than you would like, shampoo it twice, this will help lift some of the color out of the hair. Not much, but some. then condition. You are done, blow dry your hair and style.



Now, I don't know how much damage you have caused you hair, but if after you color you hair or before you can use a product to bring it all the way back to normal in one week or less. You can get it at sallys also, it is call IC by fantasia, put it in a spray bottle and use it as a spray leave in conditioner.



Oh one more thing when selecting your color I wouldn't go any darker than a level 5, The sales clerk will know what that means....Good Luck, if you follow my instructions you should be just fine.



I did say you had other choices, and here is your last choice, you can go to a professional hairdresser and have this corrected, However I think probably that isn't an option for you, or you would of gone in the first place. You were probably trying to save pennies, and now if you were to go to a hairdresser for corrective coloring I assure you it will cost you dollars. If only you would of gone in the first place. In actuallity by the time you spend the money needed to correct your hair, it will end up costing you the money that you would of spent to get what you wanted in the first place, at a salon.. GO figure huh...LOL...well we all have to learn one way or another, either by our own experiences or someone else, you have chose the first of the two..



If you have any more questions feel free to email me at sassyhoney57@yahoo.com



Help my hair is brown, pink and red how can I fix it?

No the formual I gave you should take care of the blotchiness.



Thanks for the 10pts for best answers, I know my response took a while to read...LOL... Report It



Help my hair is brown, pink and red how can I fix it?

go to sally's and ask them about getting supplies to dye the area that you wanted pink, red. it should take care of the problem and will likely fade to pink anyway.



Help my hair is brown, pink and red how can I fix it?

do what Britney did



Help my hair is brown, pink and red how can I fix it?

ooo, that sucks for you. srry idk wat 2 tell ya.



Help my hair is brown, pink and red how can I fix it?

I died my moms hair pink before but that was by accident. We used a dark brown hair color and covered it with that. It was really dark and not what she wanted but it worked while we waited for the pink to grow out. If I were you I would go get a dark brown and cover it. I think that would work.



Help my hair is brown, pink and red how can I fix it?

you can try washing it out with alot of shampo and then just brush it out and let it dryif that dosent work try going to google and typing how to remove hair colors form your hair and it will show you



:)



Help my hair is brown, pink and red how can I fix it?

Sorry ... sounds like you can either dye it or shave it all off. The good thing about hair is it will grow out eventually.



Or you could get another kit and try again.



Help my hair is brown, pink and red how can I fix it?

see a hair salon and they will fix it for you.I wouldn't recommend trying to fix it yourself now.. you don't want to make it any worse.



Help my hair is brown, pink and red how can I fix it?

dye it



Help my hair is brown, pink and red how can I fix it?

get thee to a salon! your colorist should be able to help. when you call them, say it's an emergency! whatever you do, don't try to fix it yourself! it'll end up worse. good luck



Help my hair is brown, pink and red how can I fix it?

Your going to keep screwing around until you HAVE NO HAIR. Besides,Black hair is beautiful, on ANYONE%26gt;



Help my hair is brown, pink and red how can I fix it?

Bleach thoroughly (very thoroughly) and dye with another colour. It might be easier if you wait until after 6-7 washes or so. But it'll def go away. Same thing happened to me. Got rid of it in less than a week with vigorous washing, bleaching and finally redying



Help my hair is brown, pink and red how can I fix it?

this book might help some.



http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/601...



Help my hair is brown, pink and red how can I fix it?

I wish all women had the opportunity to work in a salon for a week....then everyone would realize that you don't color your hair out of a box!! That is a sure fire way to mess it up...If I were you, I would spend the extra cash, go to a salon, (a good one...not one located in a Wal Mart), and have them help you out...they will be able to tone, or color your hair so that it looks good....and you probably won't have to go black if you do this...explain the situation on the phone when making the appt. however, so that they can allow enough time to get your hair the way you want it...It will be worth it...



Good luck to you!!!



Help my hair is brown, pink and red how can I fix it?

your hair sounds cool, but i guess its patchy right? the easy option would be to die your hair light brown and wait a few weeks for it to fade or leave it a week so more of the colour comes out, then bleach the lot again but make sure you get two packs, then put a pink or whatever colour you weant on top, it should do the trick, try to get someone who know what they are doing to do it, or go to the hairdresser



good luck x



Help my hair is brown, pink and red how can I fix it?

as long as your hair is not overly dry and breaking.....go buy 2 boxes of the desired color..(the n'rage) it has bleach so it should if applied all over lighten it all back up, make sure you get a realy good conditioner to counter act your double processing your hair as this damages it.



Help my hair is brown, pink and red how can I fix it?

I would try are dark brown semi permanent hair dye. the other thing i would suggest is to go to your salon and have them help. They might have to strip your hair to be able to dye it one color. This process is harsh on your hair, however atleast its done by a professional and will be one color. Good Luck!



Help my hair is brown, pink and red how can I fix it?

you are gonna have to dye it black or brown......go to any beautymart and ask which dye will take the best and last longer..because some hair dyes are not that good



good luck



Help my hair is brown, pink and red how can I fix it?

Buy something that would strip the artificial pigment out of your hair then dye it natural blond.



A product like this sould help.



http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.j...



Help my hair is brown, pink and red how can I fix it?

Go to a hair dressers. Never think about doing this yourself, a girl in my class got blond and black underneath done at the salon and i looked good even though she looked like a skunk. Then she tried to die the black underneath more black because it was "brown" and she screwed it all up, then she tried to die her roots blonde again but she pick a yellowy color so she looks like even more of a skunk. Go to the salon and get it fixed!!



Help my hair is brown, pink and red how can I fix it?

u can fix this problem by going to a professional colorist that specializes in color correction.

No comments:

Post a Comment