Thursday, July 23, 2009

I dyed my hair dark brown. will the color change if i go swimming?

my hair was originally chesnut brown with blonde highlights. i like swimming but i dont want my hair to look bad afterwards! if it will change colors, is there a hair product to put on beforehand to prevent it?



I dyed my hair dark brown. will the color change if i go swimming?

A swimming cap.



Actually - the problem is that the chlorine in the water can lighten your hair - whether you've had it dyed or not. So once you're out of the pool, wash your hair with clear tap water to get the chemicals out and you should be OK.



I dyed my hair dark brown. will the color change if i go swimming?

it shouldnt change if you go darker..normally dark hair isnt affected by the cholrine....but just incase, shower afterwards to get the cholrine out...but remember that no matter what color hair you have, having chlorine in your hair will damage, so i suggest showering after, even if you know its not going to change the color. : ) good luck



I dyed my hair dark brown. will the color change if i go swimming?

Sometimes it would change, and sometimes it want. I bet your hair would not.



I dyed my hair dark brown. will the color change if i go swimming?

The chlorine in the swimming pool water + exposure to sunlight will cause your hair to fade.



Rinse your hair w/ tap water so it saturates your hair. That way your hair won't absorb as much pool water. Apply a bit of conditioner on your hair %26amp; leave it in to shield your hair even more.



Wear a swimming cap to protect your hair from sunlight.



Immediately after your swim rinse your hair well %26amp; shampoo.



Wear a hat when outdoors to prevent oxidation.



Some shampoos %26amp; conditioners are specially designed for color treated hair. You may want to try them out %26amp; see how well they work for you. Redken is pretty good. Here's the link for product information: http://redken.com/products/displayBrand....

No comments:

Post a Comment